Making A Difference Out West (MADOW) is our major community development project.
Our community has made a commitment to support a number of rural communities in NSW.
We support Enngonia Public School, 90km north of Bourke. Examples of our support to date include:
- providing indigenous families with computers
- raising funds for a school bus
- supporting teachers with resources for small schools camps
- contributing funds for preschool play equipment
- providing a book per child per term in consultation with the teacher
- accompanying and supporting Year 10 students from Pymble Ladies College and Knox Grammar on their service learning visit to the school.
One of the broader aims of our involvement is to exchange value between our two different communities. we have worked with the local Uniting Church schools to encourage them to travel, meet and form a community with rural communities.
This has lead to a richer understanding of city and rural folk, their lives and dreams.